We’re looking for a hands-on Mechanical Engineer for our Sensor Group to work with internal stakeholders and external customers in developing new products for the Gas Detection markets. While reporting to the Engineering Manager-Sensor Development, you'll have the opportunity to manage all phases of the mechanical product development, from ideation to post launch support. If working in a cooperative team environment with other chemical, electrical, and software engineers, project managers, operations staff, designers and technicians sounds appealing, then we want to hear from you!
• Partner with all stakeholders to define all requirements for mechanical designs.
• Conduct detailed design and analysis
• Define, implement and conduct data analysis on test plan
• Design test rigs for validation testing.
• Create drawings and models using CAD.
• Present project updates to our internal stakeholders
• Support the patent process as needed
• Proven ability to develop plastic products and components, including knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials and characteristics.
• Demonstrated ability to design equipment and electro-mechanical systems.
• Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, Solidworks, advanced analysis (FEA, Cycle Fatigue, Tolerance Analysis, etc.), and BOM management tools.
• Knowledge of third party testing agencies such as UL or CSA, and the role they play in the development of safety equipment.
• Knowledge of design for Manufacturing Assembly using automation.
• Proven ability to transform requirements into innovative solutions that creates significant value for both MSA and our customers.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret technical documentation relating to products and processes.
• Experience with product reliability testing.
• Experience with (rapid) prototyping using different manufacturing methods
• Willingness to work in a hands-on manner.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Knowledge of manifold design, gas delivery, vibration, shock, pneumatics, and control logic.
Education and experience required:
• BSME or related degree, preferably from an ABET accredited program.
• This position is available at two different career levels depending on experience, education, etc:
o Level one(Staff II): At least 2 years minimum relevant experience
o Level two (Staff III): At least 3 years minimum relevant experience
o MS degree may be substituted for up to 2 years of relevant experience