We are currently looking for a hands-on Supplier Development Engineer to work strategically with our suppliers to drive best-in-class supplier performance (quality, delivery, and cost). In this role, you will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally with multiple MSA locations as a technical liaison between suppliers and MSA internal stakeholders. The successful incumbent for this role will be a proactive individual, who is strong in effective problem solving and time management and who is able to utilize manufacturing knowledge, fundamental quality tools, lean manufacturing concepts, and critical thinking to generate meaningful improvements among our supply base. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, we want to hear from you!
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Strong troubleshooting and technical problem solving skills
• Proven ability to self-start and take initiative
• Well-developed organizational and time management skills, ability to manage multiple projects
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings
• Familiarity with basic quality tools and Quality Management System requirements
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication, writing and computer (Microsoft Office) skills
• Ability to travel domestically up to 35% of the time, with some international travel.
• Experience with Supplier Quality Management tools and Supplier Development activities
• Manufacturing or new product development experience, preferably in a regulated industry
• Experience in design for manufacturability, use of GD&T, and understanding of expected manufacturing tolerances
• Advanced knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools
• Working knowledge of APQP, PPAP, Control Plan, FMEAs, Quality Audits, and similar quality tools
• Detailed knowledge of AS9100, ISO-9001, TS-16949 or other quality management standards
• Proficiency in SAP and Minitab
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Plastics, or related engineering discipline from an accredited college/university.
• This position is available at four different career levels based upon experience and education:
o Level one: No relevant experience necessary
o Level two: 2 years relevant experience
o Level three: 3 years relevant experience
o Level four: 5 years relevant experience
MS degree may be substituted for up to 2 years of relevant experience.