Serve as primary in-house counsel for routine legal matters that arise throughout the world.
- Advise business leaders on commercial legal matters that arise day to day, such as contract matters, real estate matters, commercial matters, etc.
- Manage commercial legal disputes that arise from time to time, enforcement of non-competition agreements, commercial contract claims, and other similar matters
- Provide employment law support
- Provide compliance advice (such as for antitrust matters) and participate in internal investigations at the request of the Chief Compliance Officer
- Assist the Chief Compliance Officer in drafting legal compliance processes and procedures and completing in person training on a variety of topics
Lead the Company’s contract management program
- Create, maintain and update important contract templates. Lead the Company’s nondisclosure agreement process and templates.
- Ensure the implementation and functionality of a contract management system to house executed agreements
- Support the negotiation of agreements for various business units and functional teams
Coordinate Corporate Governance Requirements for MSA International Affiliates.
- Support the ongoing implementation of existing affiliate governance processes
- Review documents prepared by external legal counsel and ensure documents are executed as appropriate
- Provide periodic training and outreach to international team members to ensure their understanding of applicable governance requirements
Support the Company’s M&A and ongoing legal realignment efforts
- Provide legal support on the pursuit of potential acquisitions, including legal due diligence, agreement negotiation, and general legal advice
- Provide support on corporate legal realignment efforts that arise from time to time
Manage, review, and participate in the selection of international legal counsel and manage the corporate records management program