We are seeking a dynamic Engineering Project Manager with strong leadership skills to work in our collaborative team environment. This position reports to the Engineering Director and is responsible for leading & coordinating New Product Development (NPD) project team activities, completing project deliverables, and meeting deadlines and objectives. This position performs work requiring demonstrated project management, as well as technical skills, with primary role leading several simultaneous derivative projects and/or larger platform or more complex projects with a large budgetary impact. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, then we want to hear from you! Additional responsibilities include:
•Leads cross-functional NPD project teams, enabling them to develop and launch outstanding new products
•Applies project management expertise to coordinate team activities, complete deliverables, and meet project deadlines and objectives.
• Responsible for all aspects of the project over entire life. Manages complex projects with large budgetary impact.
• Directs work of employees within the context of managing projects. Prioritizes activities / assignments and adjusts priorities when appropriate.
• Utilizes Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) / scheduling tools to identify tasks, resources and timelines.
• Defines scope of work and provides guidance to project team.
• Determines, records, and prioritizes requirements, constraints, and assumptions, to establish the product specification based on voice of customer focused concept-development results.
• Utilizes engineering expertise to identify and mitigate risk while developing alternatives to more effectively and efficiently accomplish project objectives.
•Utilizes the MSA 3D NPD process and planning software to develop detailed project schedules that meet the objectives of the product group
• Continually tracks progress against plan and continually reviews overall project plan to gain consensus.
• Drafts comprehensive project reports and effectively delivers oral presentations meant to inform or persuade.
• Assists the project team as needed in the completion of process deliverables.
• Measures project performance using appropriate tools / techniques to monitor progress, identify and quantify variance, and perform required corrective actions
• Routinely makes decisions regarding technical and risk trade-offs, priorities, resource utilization, scheduling and quality.
• Proven leadership skills to bridge the functions of Engineering, Marketing, Manufacturing, Quality, Test Engineering, Verification, and every aspect of the project cross-functionally. Lead the project team to develop great, innovative, high quality products that exceed customer expectations with a sense of urgency to complete as fast as possible.
• Proven ability and experience with project management tools such as MS Project, WBS, FMEA, Risk Analysis, Planisware, and SAP for budget tracking.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including formal presentation skills and ability to translate technical and non-technical communications based on audience understanding.
• Solid organizational, multi-tasking and team building skills.
• Experience with 3D New Product Development Process and DFSS tools.
• Ability to travel internationally and domestically up to 15%.
Education, Licenses, and Experience required:
• Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline required, preferably from an ABET accredited program.
Level I (Project Manager I): 7 years project management / engineering experience, including Senior Staff Engineering Project Specialist activities for minimum of 3 platform-level (or equivalent) projects.
Level II (Project Manager II): 9 years project management / engineering experience, including Project Manager role on 3 platform (or equivalent) projects.
Both Levels: MS degree may be substituted for up to 2 years of relevant experience. PhD may be substituted for up to 4 years of equivalent experience.
• Experience working as an engineering co-op considered at a rate of 50% of total co-op time worked.
• Level I: Significant progress towards PMP (Project Manager Professional) Certification
• Level II: PMP with active certification status required.