This position reports to the Materials Manager. Primary responsibility is the creation and management of the demand plan, which drives the demand to manufacturing plants/suppliers to replenish the inventory to meet our customer’s delivery requirements. Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Procuring purchased material from suppliers by negotiating price, quantity and delivery of material. This includes expediting or deferring material with suppliers to meet unforeseen changes in demand. Goal is to maintain on time delivery to the customer and efficient utilization of
- Scheduling manufacturing work centers material and directing suppliers by utilizing supply chain management techniques. Goal is to maintain target levels of inventory to meet customer demand, while efficiently utilizing the inventory.
- Assisting MSA Murrysville Materials Manager on development of the annual Murrysville Site Specific Sourcing plan which outlines sourcing projects planned for the year as well as results of those sourcing projects. Undertake sourcing projects that result in cost reductions for Murrysville as well as any other assigned cost reduction projects.
- Analyze material data in order to drive consolidation of spend by commodities / suppliers and have the best mix of suppliers that will provide MSA Murrysville with the leverage of volume. Using supplier scorecards, review suppliers based against pre-defined criteria in the areas of quality, performance and delivery. Area of concern should be addressed with suppliers along with an appropriate action plan for resolution or removal.
- Establishing contracts with suppliers that are in alignment with the corporate terms and conditions
- Participating on New Product Development (NPD) Teams to provide input regarding the procurement of product and stocking of material at the Consumer Finished Good location.
- Establishing safety stock levels for raw materials through collaboration with Marketing, Sales, and Operations and analysis of SAP data.
- Effectively representing functional area on cross-functional teams.