We are looking for an Electrical Engineer to participate in our Engineering Rotation Program. This program has a targeted length of two years, over which time participants will complete rotations in 2-3 different New Product Development and Operations Areas. After all rotations are complete the candidate will be placed into a full-time NPD or Operations position.
While reporting to the manager of the Engineering Rotation Program, the successful incumbent will have the opportunity to manage projects and provide technical support for manufacturing process development, controls, startup, and continuous improvement. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, we want to hear from you!
• Apply basic knowledge of electronic circuit design.
• Participate on cross-functional project teams in the development of new MSA products.
• Work with customers, both internal and external, to determine product design requirements.
• Determine necessary product design to conform to customer needs.
• Complete risk analyses, design calculations, FMEA’s and design reviews, to verify that design meets or exceeds product specifications.
• Develop an effective test plan, coordinate efforts to test the design, and utilize statistical methods to verify performance.
• Integration of electronic designs with software, mechanical, test and manufacturing capabilities in order to ensure successful products are delivered on time while meeting agreed upon product performance specifications.
Special knowledge, skills and abilities required:
This position will be responsible for electronic hardware design and will use and/or demonstrate skills in the areas noted below:
• Analog and digital circuit board design and layout
• Use of simulation and design development tools (LabView, SPICE, Altium designer)
• Use of statistical tools and risk analysis (i.e. DFSS, FMEA)
• Creative problem solving and a customer-based perspective
• Domestic travel (10-15%) may be required
• Basic knowledge of embedded software
• Solid writing, presentation, and verbal skills
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical engineering or relevant from an ABET-accredited institution