We’re looking for a hands-on Industrial Engineer with project leadership and problem solving skills to work in our collaborative team environment. While reporting to the Murrysville Industrial Engineering Manager, you’ll conduct time studies, develop and implement work standards and participate on new product development teams. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, then we want to hear from you!
• Conduct time studies, define manufacturing costs, and develop/implement/maintain work standards and manufacturing documentation (Operational Method Sheets, routings, etc.).
• Lead the identification, scoping, and execution of projects to reduce product manufacturing costs, collaborate with supervisors, factory managers, engineers, and other associates.
• Actively advocate behavior-based safety in all aspects of Murrysville plant operations, adhere to company and site-specific safety policies, practices, and programs, including the OSHA VPP program. Initiate efforts to improve workplace ergonomics.
• Initiate, lead, participate, and provide training (problem solving, work flexing, etc.) required to effectively complete improvement efforts. Partner with factory managers to sustain improvements. Participate in MSA Operating System activities that include daily communication meetings, department performance monitoring and problem solving.
• Actively participate on NPD teams led by Product Engineering. Provide input to ensure that proposed designs are realistic and feasible within a Lean Manufacturing environment. Communicate challenges of current manufacturing processes and drive efforts to incorporate design for manufacturability and assembly concepts. Coordinate participation from peer experts to advise on manufacturability as necessary.
• Recommend capital equipment additions and develop appropriate justifications. Effectively manage the implementation and commissioning of such additions.
• Review production order closeout variances, determine root causes, and recommend corrective actions.
• Develop and maintain positive work relationships with individuals in all organizational levels, both internally and externally to the Murrysville plant.
• Solid interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence attitudes and behaviors
• Proven ability to simultaneously and independently manage multiple tasks, solve technical problems, lead projects, and work effectively in cross-functional teams
• Demonstrated ability to drive execution of projects including the ability to identify and act upon potential improvements
• Excellent writing, presentation and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, problem solving and team-building skills
• Knowledge of the MSA Operating System (Value Stream Mapping, One Piece Flow, Setup Reduction, Lean Management, Visual Controls, etc.)
• Six Sigma and project management experience
• Experience with SAP, MS Project, AutoCAD, SketchUp
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
o Level one (Staff I): 0 years of relevant industry experience required
o Level two (Staff II): 2 years of relevant industry experience required
o Level three (Staff III): 3 years of relevant industry experience required