We are looking for a Designer to join the Fall Protection NPD team! While reporting to the Fall Protection NPD Engineering Manager, the successful incumbent will have the opportunity to design and develop new and exciting industrial fall protection products that meet or exceed customer requirements by utilizing MSA’s established New Product Development process. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, we want to hear from you!
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Participate with engineers in the development of original designs and prototypes to develop best in class fall protection products.
• Utilize engineering sketches, customer specifications and any other data to the development of products. Incorporate acceptable tolerances and dimensions as determined for specific capacities, operating requirements, and material selection.
• Prepare models and drawings, using computer aided design tools such as SolidWorks, of systems, parts or equipment from sketches or marked up prints
• Develop designs with consideration of cost and manufacturability factors.
• Document work performed, typically for internal distribution or record keeping.
• Recognize discrepancies or errors and seek out alternative solutions for obstacles encountered.
• Consistently meet work deadlines while producing high quality work results and products.
• Facilitate new engineering documentation requests, new releases, and change requests in a timely manner and in accordance with MSA documentation control processes.
Special Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
• Proven ability to thrive in a team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to build physical models and perform required testing
• Demonstrated experience and proficiency with SolidWorks CAD software in the creation of detailed drawings.
• Proven ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated attention to detail.
• Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Creative problem solving and customer-based perspective.
• Proven experience of using internal systems and procedures to perform design and documentation.
• Demonstrated experience of drawing tolerances and tolerance stacking.
• International and domestic travel required up to 10%.
Education and experience required:
Associate's degree or related two year technical school degree in Drafting or Computer Aided Design or equivalent
• Minimum 1 year related experience for the Designer I level position
• Minimum 3 years related experience for the Designer II level position