• Develop competitive analysis across the region that provides an understanding of MSA’s price and offering compared to its competitors, commercial trends incorporating win/loss data, third party information sources and field sales and marketing interaction.
• Make relevant tactical and strategic recommendations.
• Work collaboratively with the business teams, set price, create financial models and measure shift in volume and market share.
• Analyze the profit potential of markets and recommend strategic price levels for future price changes.
• Manage pricing for new and existing contracts through partnership and collaboration with regional business leaders.
• Prepare monthly reporting and action on pricing KPIs that measure the impact and effectiveness of the strategic pricing program.
• Manage the implementation of the strategic pricing program within the region and ensure all affiliates’ and locations’ pricing processes are wholly compliant to corporate strategic pricing initiatives and policies.
• Ensure the utilization of proper delegation of authority for all pricing decisions, including periodic audits to maintain compliance.
• Conduct strategic analysis to identify and estimate pricing opportunities.
• Coordinate with marketing and other functions to ensure regular customer feedback is incorporated into pricing policies through VOC, surveys and other means.
• Build consensus with all key stakeholders to improve pricing and drive change throughout the organization.
• Train functional leaders and support staff on strategic pricing concepts and tools to ensure pricing strategy is fully implemented across the region.
Special skills, knowledge and abilities required:
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated aptitude for detailed pricing analysis
• Proven success working across multiple levels, functions and global regions including the ability to communicate complex pricing concepts effectively verbally and in written format
• Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions based on data (some incomplete) and analysis
• Willing and capable of facilitating change in the organization
• General understanding of financial and cost accounting practices
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Powerpoint and other relevant software
• Proven negotiation and collaboration skills
• Project management skills
• Strong statistical background
• Up to 10% domestic and international travel
• SAP Business Warehouse (BW) experience
• Tableau experience
Education and Experience Required: