We are seeking a proactive Approvals Engineer with project management skills to join our Product Compliance team! In this role, you will use your technical expertise and approvals knowledge to lead product compliance activities for new and existing product. While reporting to the Global Engineering Manager, Product Compliance, the successful incumbent will have the opportunity to ensure product designs meet global agency, standards, and regulatory requirements. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, we want to hear from you!
Description of duties and responsibilities:
This position reports to the Global Engineering Manager, Product Compliance and will be responsible for the following:
Special knowledge, skills and abilities required:
• Proven ability to simultaneously and independently manage multiple tasks, solve problems, lead projects and work effectively in cross-functional teams.
• Solid interpersonal skills and communication skills (written, verbal and presentation).
• Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks/assignments using independent judgment and with limited supervision
• Strong documentation skills and attention to detail
• Domestic/International travel up to 10%
• Knowledge of agency lab certification program (e.g. CSA, FM, UL)
• Proven success collaborating with global teams
• Familiarity with the international approvals process
• Multi-lingual (English, German, Russian)
Education and experience required:
• BSEE or relevant discipline, preferably from an ABET accredited program.
• This position is available at three different career levels based upon experience, education, etc:
o Level 1: 3 years of relevant experience
o Level 2: 5 years of relevant experience
o Level 3: 7 years of relevant experience
• Experience in one of these specialties: Hazardous Location protection techniques/certifications or Functional Safety design requirements (Safety Integrity Level-SIL).
• Experience with NRTL's, Notified Bodies and other International certification agencies requirements.
MSEE or relevant discipline preferably from an ABET accredited program.