Lead Global Logistics and Transportation Strategy
Develop and execute a logistics strategy and distribution model that will achieve enhanced business performance, simplifying the process of inter-company transactions by providing a single point of contact which will be staffed by dedicated specialists to handle all inter-company sales and purchases and to manage shipments between factories and selling affiliates.
Regularly and effectively collaborate with ALL key business leaders to understand business needs and implement optimal solutions to support the organizations strategic and tactical goals and objectives.
Develop and implement a global logistics capacity and capability plan (one to five years) to achieve world class asset utilization.
Improve KPI Performance Across the Organization
- Establish visibility of inventories globally and use and in-depth knowledge of logistics management and costs to optimize inventory, reduce logistics expense, and improve delivery performance and customer service.
- Instill a strong customer centric orientation by directing the ordering and shipping of product to exceed our customers' delivery expectations and developing deep and trusted relationships with channel partners and customers.
- Work with global product leadership to manage product breadth, product life cycles and a robust Phase In-Phase Out (PIPO) management process.
- Leverage the MSA Operating System to improve KPI performance.
Develop Best-in-Class Systems and Processes
- Identify, own, implement and improve key logistics processes and global best practices and tools in external product fulfillment, warehousing, distribution and logistics.
- Coordinate with Materials Managers, Logistics, Sales, Marketing, IT, and order administration to develop and refine logistics practices and policies to meet best-in-class metrics as well as relevant regulatory and company requirements.
- Achieve improvements in key global processes that will enhance the financial performance by attaining higher levels of productivity, efficiency, and customer loyalty. The processes must focus on: lead-time based delivery improvements, first promise date, customer expected date, and fulfillment rate to channel partners.
Manage Global Distribution and Logistics Networks
Manage the global logistics and distribution organization which includes distribution centers in North America, South America, Europe, Middle East, Africa, Southeast Asia, Australia, and China.
Select and manage third party logistics providers, where appropriate, and develop sustainable business partnerships.
- Work with regional and local logistics management organizations to respond to demand-driven requirements to achieve sustainable growth targets and exceed customer expectations.
- Manage the global logistics organization to enable the inter-company transactions as MSA implements "the Best Mix" from an MSA source around the world.
Talent Development and Coaching
- Build the breadth and depth of the global logistics management team and develop best-in-class competencies and skills of the global team.
- Develop and implement a global talent management strategy for logistics and transportation talent through effective recruitment, hiring, retention and development of key skill sets that align with MSA's core competencies.