We are looking for an Engineering Technician for our New Product Development and Sustaining initiatives. While reporting to the Engineering Manager-Portables, the successful incumbent will have the opportunity to optimize efficiency of NPD efforts while collaborating with our engineers in resolving internal and external customer design concerns with our products. This role will contribute to strengthening our commitment to our customer and our customer’s loyalty to MSA. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity, we want to hear from you!
- Assist our engineers with new product development and/or design concern resolution through experimental verification of proposed design changes.
- Process design change activity through our ECM system.
- Assist Operations with resolving concerns with product function or design.
- Derive solutions with marketing and manufacturing associates to create product kits or modify our ATO system to revise salable product offerings.
- Create and/or modify product circuitry in accordance direction of lead project engineer.
- Derive experiments and assemble needed equipment to conduct product verification tests.
- Assist manufacturing associates with issue resolution and writing test reports.
Special Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
Education and Experience Required:
Associates degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering technology from an ABET accredited program.
This position is available at three different career levels based upon experience, education, etc.:
o Level one (Engineering Technician I): no relevant experience
o Level two (Engineering Technician II): 2 years relevant experience
o Level three (Engineering Technician III): 5 years relevant experience