For more than 100 years, our passionate mission of safety empowers us to protect lives.
MSA Safety is a global leader in the development of safety equipment and pioneering technology that helps protect people and facility infrastructures around the world. We are committed to providing the latest in innovative, best-in-class safety solutions that feature integrated systems capability and allow our customers to return safely to their families and friends. Every day our customers place their lives in our hands. In response, we provide them with protection they can trust. It is gratifying to lead the way as a source of inspiration. Would you like to join our team of more than 5,000 employees world-wide dedicated to this purpose? We hope so.
We are searching for a Corporate Counsel, Litigation Io assist MSA and its global subsidiaries in managing litigation, primarily for product liability claims. This role will have the opportunity to advise and assist with matters such as agency investigations, litigation budget tracking, and supervising outside service providers. The successful candidate will be able to provide legal support during litigation and identify and implement process improvements.
• Assist with litigation proceedings affecting the Company and its subsidiaries, with a focus on product liability and environmental claims
• Improve processes to support litigation efforts
• Supervise a network of outside service providers
• Aid legal team in responding to agency investigations and third-party requests for information and subpoenas
• Manage the legal issues that accompany product recalls and customer safety incidents
• Provide counsel to marketing, sales, and engineering functions related to legal issues on product safety-focused matters
• Educate business units relating to mitigation and proactive avoidance of legal risk as needed
Information Technology Litigation Risk Support:
• Develop and implement e-discovery practices
• Interface with and supervise third-party vendors to design tools and improve processes that further MSA’s defenses efforts, increase budget transparency and reduce expenses
Special Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
Education and Experience Required:
This position is available at two different career levels based on experience: