For more than 100 years, our passionate mission of safety empowers us to protect lives.
MSA Safety is a global leader in the development of safety equipment and pioneering technology that helps protect people and facility infrastructures around the world. We are committed to providing the latest in innovative, best-in-class safety solutions that feature integrated systems capability and allow our customers to return safely to their families and friends. Every day our customers place their lives in our hands. In response, we provide them with protection they can trust. It is gratifying to lead the way as a source of inspiration. Would you like to join our team of more than 5,000 employees world-wide dedicated to this purpose? We hope so.
The Technical Architect, O365 position is responsible for providing technical architecture and enablement services that appropriately leverage and optimally deliver O365 technology solutions. While reporting to the Project Lead, Office 365, the successful incumbent will act as a trusted advisor for customers and the digital workplace team by providing SharePoint platform support and mentorship to team members. This individual will have the opportunity to provide strategy, guidance and communications about the deployment of new services and upgrades to existing services.
• Creates business cases where SharePoint and other Office 365 platforms can integrate and enhances business operations by improving efficiencies.
• Develops and maintains SharePoint technical roadmaps and governance documentation with O365 product owners.
• Serves as a lead to help and guide our employees to effectively use the Microsoft SharePoint platform with best practices and methodologies.
• Designs and deploys enterprise-scale SharePoint and collaboration infrastructure solutions
• Develops and deploys new and existing SharePoint solutions that are part of the O365 platform.
• Provides implementation and ongoing support of SharePoint system(s) solutions according MSA standards, policies and procedures.
• Assists and consults with other IT administrators at all global MSA sites regarding SharePoint and other O365 services.
• Maintains and updates system documentation, design and infrastructure configurations.
• Provides support for migration to SharePoint from legacy systems.
• Works with third-party vendors and consultants on developing system-specific skills.
• Leverages Office 365 and Power Platform technologies where design requires.
• Assists with developing and managing project plans to effectively implement SharePoint technology solutions.
• Gathers and assesses business requirements.
• Maintains appropriate change management to prevent SharePoint sprawl
• Determines resource needs to complete project.
• Meets project schedule and/or milestones.
• Provides guidance and knowledge transfer to internal MSA customers.
• Manages governance of SharePoint according to established governance of the Office 365 platform.
• Designs and implements IRM and DLP policies as required.
• Creates and manages a DR/business continuity plan for critical SharePoint data.
• Maintains current industry knowledge of SharePoint platform concepts, best practices and procedures.
Special skills, knowledge and abilities required:
• Well versed in Microsoft 365 environments including experience in both of the following areas:
>SharePoint (on premise/online) development and administration
>Office 365 (over 500 users) administration
• Demonstrated ability in the administration of the following:
>Office 365 Platform with a focus on SharePoint
>Active Directory or other LDAP services
>Azure Active Directory Services
• Proven ability to leverage other Office 365 and Power Platform technologies to enhance solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to create scripts (PowerShell, etc.) to schedule repeatable SharePoint actions.
• Proven ability to collaborate in a group environment
• Demonstrated ability to be a Team-player who can also work independently.
• Up to 10% of domestic/international travel.
High School diploma
This position is available at three different career levels depending upon education, experience, etc.:
Level I: 2 years of Sharepoint platform or relevant experience
Level II: 5 years of Sharepoint platform or relevant experience
Level III: 8 years of Sharepoint platform or relevant experience
Bachelor’s degree in Information Science or Computer Science
•Architecture and implementation experience with Power Automate and other toolsets in the Power Platform.
•Experience with Azure Infrastructure as a service(s).
•Experience working in manufacturing with global footprint