For more than 100 years, our passionate mission of safety empowers us to protect lives.
MSA Safety is a global leader in the development of safety equipment and pioneering technology that helps protect people and facility infrastructures around the world. We are committed to providing the latest in innovative, best-in class safety solutions that feature integrated systems capability and allow our customers to return safely to their families and friends. Every day our customers place their lives in our hands. In response, we provide them with protection they can trust. It is gratifying to lead the way as a source of inspiration. Would you like to join our team of more than 5,000 employees world-wide dedicated to this purpose? We hope so.
This position will be responsible for US and Canadian payroll processing, assist with more complex payroll transactions (such as stock compensation, executive payroll, international payrolls and expatriate assignment compensation) and be instrumental in driving projects through completion. A successful candidate will have strong technical payroll knowledge, a proven ability to work independently and adhere to strict deadlines within a fast paced environment, strong problem-solving and decision-making capabilities, experience working with technology and business applications, and strong interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of the organization.
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize responsibilities and work in a structured, deadline–driven setting.
• Solid working knowledge of MS Word and Excel; familiarity with web-based applications.
• Solid organizational and time management skills.
• General understanding of HR and Benefit functions.
• Understanding of the importance of safeguarding confidential employee and company information.
• Proven ability to think independently and perform tasks with minimal supervision.
• Capacity to make recommendations for resolving issues and enhancing system and function efficiencies.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others and establish strong relationships with business partners.
• Proven ability to complete complex payroll calculations and experience with high level payroll concepts such as stock, expatriate and executive transactions.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Word / Excel and technical capabilities.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Associates or Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Business or related discipline.
• CPP or FPC certification.
• 4 years of payroll processing experience
• Experience with SAP HR/Payroll module.
• Experience with Canadian payroll processing.